VOLUNTEER TUTOR POSITIONS OPEN
Dear prospective tutor,
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the adult literacy Program.
We are looking for volunteer tutors with these qualifications:
- At least 18 years old
- No degrees or diplomas needed
- Comfortable with reading and writing in English
- Patient, empathetic, encouraging and willing to learn
- Able to commit to at least six months of service
- Can complete timely monthly reports and evaluations
- Can complete a tutor training and in-service workshops
There are several different volunteer opportunities available in our program.
1. Learning Pair tutor (individual goal oriented coaching)
2. Reading Club tutor (second language conversation groups)
3. Basic computer Skills coach
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please complete the application form. Click here for an application form.
Please feel free to call us for more information.
For information call: (510) 745-1480 Information or
Luis Kong, Program Manager
(510) 745-1484 Direct
(510) 745-1494 Fax